Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rebounding Takes Forever

After what feels like a month and a half of epic FAIL, I'm finally able to stand up for more than twenty minutes at a time. This is, of course, beneficial since I'm the chief cook and housekeeper here. (For the most part, I've been prepping food while sitting down and using a stool to wash dishes.)

After the flu of death, came the fractured rib of doom. This was soon followed/joined by the mini-relapse of the flu of death.

My husband seems to think I do too much, too soon.
I seem to think that no one else will get their bottoms off the chairs long enough to clean.

I'm hoping to be able to get my craft-table organized again. As things went, my craft table became everyone else's catch-all. I'm not cool with that. Not at all.

But, in the end, I should be fully up and around just in time to celebrate school starting.
I have the entire first day of school planned out:drop kids off at school with embarrassing hugs and kisses, leisurely breakfast at a coffee shop, a quick doctor's appointment, a calming lunch at a nicer restaurant, a pedicure, trim, and color at the local beauty college, before I get home and wait for the kids to get off the school bus. If it was a good day for them as well, I may decide to splurge on some ice cream cones (sorbet for me) and a trip to fly kites at the playground before the Hubby makes his way home. And I believe that once he gets home, I have permission to order a pizza, rent a movie, and sit back and knit a little.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment