Monday, August 17, 2009

Some days you just have to give in...

I'm up to ears in chores that need to be done just to keep this house functioning. Washing dishes, laundry, taking care of the pets, changing diapers... I end up doing about 99.9995% of the work in this house.

So, it's rare that I give in when Chaos asks me to play a video game with him.

But today, he asked me in "the tone". This is the tone that implies a bit of wistfulness and loneliness at the same time. This is the same tone that a kid uses to ask for a hug when they've had a really bad day.

When his voice finally penetrated my activity level, and I actually HEARD what he was saying, I couldn't help but sigh, wipe of my hands and agree with a smile.

The worst part? After me winning Mario Kart ten times in a row, he decided that he's "rather play something else for some alone time..."

Stinker.

I suppose it's back to tidying for me.

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when my day seems so busy that I feel like I've ignored my boy....and all of a sudden it's bedtime, I happens to frequently I think. You'll have to practice up when he's sleeping and challenge him to a rematch. (LittleRed from Swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting blog. Having no children in my household, I sometimes forget how much mothers have to juggle - including time for Mario Kart. Don't worry - the cleaning will always be there...

    handmadebycandice (swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete