Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Enough Procrastination

My house is currently an empty slate.
To be more accurate, I should say it's an empty slate if you ignore the large pile of boxes and trash bags my husband used to move us from the last house into this house.
-----------------------------------
I wasn't much a part of the last move. Our last house held a few surprises in it that required the kids to be evacuated quickly, and as the nurturing parent, I was sent along with them. This left my husband behind with three cats and a household to move.

My husband is not much of the domestic type.
After a few weeks of procrastination, he finally found a house for us to live in. We live in a first floor apartment of a building that is, oddly enough, located less than two blocks from our old house. I can look out the bedroom window and see our old rental, we are that close.
Then, my poorly domesticated husband began to pack and move items over to the new house. First came the beds. Then a few kitchen items. By the time I got here there might have been a pot, a pan, and the beds moved in.
I waited until he was at work and his friends had stopped by and gave them the task of moving more stuff. (I literally said, "Hey...go down to the old house and get my dishes, my pots and pans, and anything else that looks valuable.") Being males, they took this to mean all the cables and cords from the video game consoles.

Sigh. Finally, at the end of last month, they got everything they deemed important out. This took them a week and a half. I walked in and nearly cried from the mess. Then I picked up the broom and began cleaning. It took me three hours to clean the house from top to bottom and sort out the remaining important things from what was left in the dross.
------------------------------
This leaves me to where I'm at today. For two weeks now I've been avoiding the boxes and bags of poorly organized belongings. But, since this weekend is a full shopping trip, and I'm tired of chasing small children away from unopened boxes, I shall have to woman up and get things done.

Or, I could leave it to my husband and I'm sure it'll get done before the next move.

With Love,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment