Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mom, What's For Dinner?

After three rounds of trying to come up with meals that explained to Chaos and Em WHY they needed to eat healthy, I had a brainstorm:

Make THEM write the menu.

I handed it over to the kidlets as an art project.
I handed them scissors, a glue stick, sales papers and magazines from the recycle bin, and a paper plate each.

I gave them simple rules. 1 protein, 1 dairy, 1 fruit, 1 veggie, 1 starch. And yes, they could pick out dessert.They happily sat at the table and cut and drew out their menus.

Here are the end results:



On Chaos's Menu: Bacon Wrapped Filet, Glazed carrots, Berry and Yogurt parfaits, Flat bread, and juice.
On Em's Menu: Roast Beef tossed with tortellini, Steamed Broccoli, Orange Juice, and brownies topped with ice cream and cherries.

I think this turned out fairly well considering I was giving them free reign. I felt certain someone would come up with hot dogs, pizzas, and french fries.

I'd love to hear what your kids would pick for dinner if they had the choice.

With Love,
Meg

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest idea! I don't have any kids but my sister's kids would go wild for this :)

    ReplyDelete